Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Post Problem Fix

My initial correction made matters worse regarding the 
problem of posts running off of the right side of the page.
If you have been having that issues, please let me know
if it is resolved in this post.

One reader actual couldn't see today's post so I am 
reissuing it, in case others could not as well.  Ironically, the 
post is entitled "Do Not Be Discouraged."

Here was today's post if it was unreadable in your browser.

God speaks:  My child, do not be worn out by the work you are
 doing for me. Let no setback discourage you.  I will give you strength.
 Remember, you will not be working here forever.  If you will wait a 
 little while, things will change.  Soon enough all labor and trouble will 
 end.

Keep going, then.  Work faithfully in my garden, and I will be
 your wages.  Write, read, sing, mourn, be silent, and pray. Take 
all blows gladly.  The kingdom of heaven is worth all this and much more.

A Christian responds:  "heavenly Father, the time has come
 for me to be tested.  It is proper that I should now suffer something 
for your sake.  Before time began you knew this hour would come.  
Outwardly, I will be tormented; inwardly, I will be with you.  For a
 little while, I will be a failure and an object of scorn.  Go down with
 me, Father, so I may rise with you in the dawning of a new light. "

"Such humbling is good for me, Lord.  It helps me throw away
 haughtiness and pride.  It is valuable that I endure scorn for your 
sake, and shame covers my face.  This makes me turn to you for 
comfort rather than to others.  Thank you for this painful challenge.  
You know how troubled times can scour away the rust of sin. 
Do with me as you choose."

"O Lord, let me know what is worth knowing,
love what is worth loving,
praise what pleases  you,
honor what is worthy in your sight,
and avoid all that is evil."

Thomas a' Kempis: The Imitation of Christ 

Who is Thomas a' Kempis?  Thomas a' Kempis, ca. 1380-1471, was 
a late Medieval catholic monk and wrote one of the best known 
Christian books on devotion, The Imitation of Christ.

Goto Lenten Meditations site here.
If this worked, Kudos to my wife who inspired me to add forced
returns into the initial post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment